A big obstacle in your way !!
Difference between en1 and en2, changed 40 character(s)
the most thing that was shaping a big block in my way to advance is getting tensioned and stressed during the contests;↵
that would make me not able to solve even the problems that are way easier than my level, I think most of you can relate.↵
So how to overcome this trouble or at least mitigate it so you can do better during the rounds:↵

1. Try to imagine the worst-case scenario and how would you deal with it, for instance, how many points will you lose at worst?↵
100? 200? so what you can compensate them later so why on earth would I tension myself like that.↵

2. make some drink 
you like before(like coffee or tea as you like) to have during the contest that would help, and take a short break (5 minutes or something) in the middle of the contest if needed ↵
to have a snack and relax a bit.↵

3. watch some streams of top-tier contestants taking part in contests, such as [user:secondthread,2022-07-13], [user:tmwilliamlin168,2022-07-13]...etc. you'll see that these people are competing at the GM level although, they're so relieved and not stressed at all.↵

these are the tricks I used to mitigate this catastrophically bad habit and they helped me a lot to improve my performance.↵
if you have any other tricks to handle it, please drop them.↵
wish you all good performance in the upcoming rounds and high ratings.↵

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English abotaha23 2022-07-13 23:10:34 40
en1 English abotaha23 2022-07-13 22:45:36 1319 Initial revision (published)