Title: Embracing Challenges: A Journey in Problem Solving

Revision en2, by shubhamgyd, 2024-05-06 19:13:57

Have you ever felt overwhelmed by a problem that seemed too daunting to tackle? I know the feeling all too well. For a long time, I avoided constructive algorithm-based problems because they seemed too complex and time-consuming. I convinced myself that I couldn't solve them, and so I only dedicated a mere 15 minutes every month to even try.

But one day, I decided to change my approach. I made a commitment to challenge myself daily with these problems, no matter how intimidating they appeared. And that decision led me on a journey of self-discovery and growth.

Recently, I encountered the "Rectangle Filling" problem, rated 1100. At first glance, the problem seemed overwhelming with its lengthy paragraphs and complex examples. Doubt crept in, but I told myself to give it a try. Armed with a pen and paper, I meticulously dissected the problem and began to formulate a solution.

Despite my efforts, my initial attempts at coding the solution resulted in six wrong submissions. It was disheartening, to say the least. But instead of giving up, I sought guidance from others and compared my approach with theirs. To my surprise, our solutions were nearly identical, but a small mistake in my return statement had led to repeated failures.

Reflecting on my journey, I realized that mistakes are an integral part of the learning process. Each wrong submission taught me something new, helping me refine my problem-solving skills. By embracing challenges and learning from setbacks, I grew more confident in my abilities.

The key lesson I learned is to not let fear or self-doubt hold me back. By taking on challenges head-on, I discovered the joy of overcoming obstacles and the satisfaction of finding solutions. So, to anyone feeling hesitant or overwhelmed, I encourage you to take that first step. You might be surprised at what you can achieve when you challenge yourself and persevere through adversity.

Tags #motivation

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English shubhamgyd 2024-05-06 19:17:58 1319
en2 English shubhamgyd 2024-05-06 19:13:57 1800
en1 English shubhamgyd 2024-05-06 19:11:22 1213 Initial revision (published)