Osijek Competitive Programming Camp 2023 fall — wrap

Revision en4, by adamant, 2024-01-12 22:27:44

Hi everyone!

Supported by

The Osijek competitive programming camp (also see the announcement on Codeforces) concluded on September 24, and I'd like to write this blog post as a wrap to this fall's iteration of the camp. Overall, 62 teams joined the camp, and 9 of them attended the camp onsite in Osijek. Tähvend (-is-this-fft-) and I (adamant), as organizers, were also there! And we would like to say a big thanks to ajovanov who immensely helped us with the organisation onsite.

Compared to previous camp, we grew in supporters a bit, as this time we were also supported by Wolfram Research, who offered all camp participants free 6 months of Wolfram|One Personal Edition and Wolfram|Alpha Pro, and by Art of Problem Solving who supported us by a few AoPS 25$ coupons, which we presented to the best onsite team.

On top of that, similar to the winter edition of the camp, each onsite participant was provided by 2 t-shirts, one from the camp itself and another from our sponsor, Jane Street.

More importantly, we have established contact with ICPC global, and for this installment of the camp, we were also sponsored by ICPC foundation. We are very happy about this opportunity to develop a stronger tie with official ICPC, and we are looking forward to the products of this collaboration in the future.

You can find the remaining photos here

The camp consisted of 7 contests, and 2 days off. On the first day off, the onsite participants had an opportunity to go to laser tag, and on the second day off, to visit an escape room and a local zoo. As for the contests, you may check the combined scoreboard for further information. Congratulations to the top teams!

As promised in the announcement, we will maintain a silence period until the end of November, so none of our contest will go public until then. After the date, at least one contest will be used in the universal cup, and we also plan to upload at least one other contest to Codeforces, so that potential participants of the camp can have a demo of our contest quality and difficulty levels.

Yet again, I'm very happy that the idea of the camp works out, and as such I want to make an announcement:

Call for problemsetters

We're looking for problemsetters for the next iteration of the camp!

Specific dates are to be announced later on, but you may express your interest by writing a direct message to me (adamant) or -is-this-fft-, and we will get back to you. Once the camp is conducted, we will offer you a monetary compensation.

The compensation is expected to be ~2000€ for the contest itself, and also ~400€ if you agree to conduct the contest analysis (subject to withholding tax by Croatian laws). The numbers are preliminary and may change depending on how things go with sponsors and the number of participants. We will also fully waive the participation fees for you and your team if you want to attend the rest of the camp.

Tags ocpc, training camp

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en4 English adamant 2024-01-12 22:27:44 67
en3 English adamant 2023-10-24 17:37:17 2 Tiny change: 'enter>\n\n<cente' -> 'enter>\n\n\n<cente'
en2 English adamant 2023-10-24 12:45:59 2 Tiny change: 'osijek2023w.eolymp.sp' -> 'osijek2023s.eolymp.sp'
en1 English adamant 2023-10-24 12:07:38 5543 Initial revision (published)