random quotes

Revision en1, by Lyde, 2024-01-04 02:31:48

Oh hi! Welcome to 24 random quotes!

I'm a competitive programmer, but I'm also pretty much a fan and often visit here to see some recent actions. I have a pretty unusual hobby: Collecting some sentences from blogs and comments and saving them as pictures, which I could use later for memes. Later I realized that I couldn't use it that much and after 4 years, it became a collection of well, memories. So I had the idea of sharing some of it with you guys for nostalgia! Most of them are light-hearted, and all of them are pretty memorable in my mind.

If you are an experienced member here you might realize some of them, so I will make it a challenge: Guess where this is from! (No prizes sadly) The spoiler to the link of the comment/blog and my personal opinion (or s/p) will be right below the quote.

Anyways, enjoy.

If newcomers find it confusing, then that's their bugaboo

s/p

Tourist can't compete against benq in this round, but he can make some crazy geometry problems to force benq to lose rating and get back to rank #1.

s/p

At this rate we'll have div10 for negatively rated people.

s/p

I'm surprised too. I thought I'm the only Codeforces user from Poland.

s/p

3 seconds? I didn't even hurry. I could have easily beat you by 10 seconds. I accept.

s/p

He got so confident that he'll win the race and I'm a useless candidate master who'll never be a true master, so we decided to take this race into a whole new level and post this blog to let the Codeforces community know about it when I win the race (I hope).

s/p

Since then, I have set dapingguo8 as my eternal rival, and after one million, two hundred and three thousand, and seven hundred and eighty two minutes, I am now writing this blog proud to say that I have finally passed dapingguo8 in rating.

s/p

My pen. Yes seriously. My pen.

s/p

instead of doing 1 linear search you doing 2. Thats why its called binary search. Works 2 times slower, but i dont care

s/p

17 Legends and me.

s/p

Just never resubmit and write a comment complaining about tight TL if you FST

s/p

Some things about previous rounds: one day, I got so many questions if the round is rated or not during the time we were figuring out if we really have to make it unrated. I got something like 50 questions about this and just answered "read the global announcement". 50 times. I wasted like 5 minutes to answer all such questions instead of answering the real ones.

s/p

Codeforces community is biased towards people with high rating and people who do something for the website. And this is sometimes a good thing; but it can also make people think that if a high-rated participant and a problemsetter allows himself (or herself) to be rude and offensive, then it is acceptable, and they are allowed to do it as well. That's why cases like this one are especially bad.

s/p

I can. n! ends with 0 for any n>4.

s/p

Dude, I'm not having fun solving problems, I'm having fun learning useless algorithms. Get lost.

s/p

My plan succeeded! Now I will always be the lexicographically first tester!

s/p

Thank you for a lot of hacking attempts!!!

s/p

Proves my point that AtCoder problems are just "You are given some initial sequence, you can perform 69 possible operations to generate sequence set S, see if x ∈ S or print |S| mod 696969420"

s/p

Waiting for someone to comment "This is a well known algorithm in China since 2011."

s/p

Come on, I organized a whole AGC in order to get the "Gold Medal" award on ProjectEuler! Don't ruin my plan!

s/p

Incoming XOR missiles...

s/p

Can we please make the contest 8 minutes shorter for the memes?

s/p

AI is such a noob

s/p

I hope we will be seeing each other soon :) And for everyone, make sure to take care of yourself, especially of your mental health, in these trying times.

s/p

I hope the last one is also the message of this year. Take care and have fun!

Tags kuroni, orz

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English Lyde 2024-01-04 02:31:48 8353 Initial revision (published)