An IDE for competitive programming: fetch testcases from websites, test on testcases in one click, and more

Revision en9, by ouuan, 2020-05-15 14:24:50

When solving CP problems, are you tired of copy-pasting the testcases, and compare the outputs with the answers by eyes?

Today I'll recommend a free-software IDE for those who want to automate everything in competitive programming.

Latest Stable Latest Release

CP Editor began from running testcases in one click, and has been grown into an IDE with many features, like parsing sample testcases from websites and submitting to Codeforces inside the IDE. It's cross-platform and lightweight, and most important, specially designed for competitive programming.

You can learn about more features on the official website.

It's also recommended to visit the GitHub repo to learn more about how to get started and get help.

As you can see, this project is on its early stage, and there are still many features on the way, like auto-completion and stress testing. But it has improved much since the first version! It will be a long way to perfect if there are only a few people working on it, but, if more and more people join us, everything will be possible. It's written in C++ and based on Qt, so it's won't be that hard even if you haven't worked on GUI projects before (personally, I hadn't written anything with Qt before I began contributing to CP Editor). If you are willing to help us, you can read the contributing guidelines.

If you like this editor, please give us a star on GitHub, I believe it will be better and better!

Last but not least, thanks to other contributors including snapdragon3101(the founder), razdeep, box, Yatharth1 and polyomino, other projects including CF Tool, Competitive Companion, QCodeEditor, QtFindReplaceDialog, and the Qt framework which make this project possible. Also thanks to the users of CP Editor, Mike MikeMirzayanov Mirzayanov, and all CP problem setters, for making this project meaningful.

screenshot1

screenshot2

(The whole-application dark theme is only available on several platforms including KDE and MacOS, but code editor dark themes are available on all platforms.)

UPD: You should use CF Tool 0.9.0 as for now, we will support CF Tool 1.0.0 soon.

UPD2: New versions 6.1.3 and 6.2.1 are available, CF Tool 1.0.0 is supported in the new versions. (There are also many other changes.)

UPD3: Now 6.4.1 and 6.3.3 are released, you can read the changelog to see what awesome features are added. We have migrated our website to Hugo with the Docsy theme, but we are short of people to write the documentation since we are working hard on developing (writing codes). If anyone is interested in writing the documentation, you can submit pull requests in the website repo or contact us on Telegram or Slack. If you are not familiar with some features of CP Editor, you can ask us and we are glad to offer help. Any small contribution helps.

Tags #ide

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en9 English ouuan 2020-05-15 14:24:50 853 Tiny change: 'e have migarated [our' -> 'e have migrated [our'
en8 English ouuan 2020-03-15 08:41:43 260
en7 English ouuan 2020-03-12 10:57:47 89
en6 English ouuan 2020-03-11 16:19:48 10 Tiny change: 'luding KDE, but code' -> 'luding KDE and MacOS, but code'
en5 English ouuan 2020-03-11 16:18:08 129
en4 English ouuan 2020-03-11 16:11:07 6 Tiny change: 'dark theme is available' -> 'dark themes are available'
en3 English ouuan 2020-03-11 16:10:34 86
en2 English ouuan 2020-03-11 16:07:31 3 Tiny change: 'ally, I haven't writte' -> 'ally, I hadn't writte' (published)
en1 English ouuan 2020-03-11 16:03:07 2947 Initial revision (saved to drafts)